[Reader-list] a childhood beyond the red light

miriam chandy miriamchandy at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 26 19:22:08 IST 2004

Dear friends,

I am afraid I have been sending my previous reports to
the saraidak address. However this is the crucial
stage of my research where the first workshops will
begin starting tomorrow. Am attaching the process that
will be adopted...is open for suggestions,
interpretation and discussion.

warm regards
Miriam

REPORT 25/4/2004

A childhood�beyond the red light

It has been an eventful month in terms of the number
of NGOs we have interacted with and built a working
relationship with. The government home which is the
biggest shelter for rescued minor sex workers however
is still proving to be an elusive task. There are 3
workshops which have been finalized on the foll dates
� udaan (works with males who have sex with males) on
28th April, Ashray (shelter for children of sex
workers who are affected by HIV) on 15th and 16th May,
Prerna (who works with the children of minor sex
workers) in the last week of May.

Please find attached the procedure behind the art and
theatre workshops.