[Reader-list] Final Posting

Aparajita De aparajita_de at rediffmail.com
Thu Aug 5 12:39:45 IST 2004

An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
  IMAGINED GEOGRAPHIES: GEOGRAPHICAL KNOWLEDGE OF SELF AND OTHERS IN EVERDAY LIFE.THE CASE OF AHMEDABAD

For the final posting I thought that I would conclude. Perhaps the most difficult part of any research is drawing any conclusive conclusions. Many of you may have already guessed - through my maze of theoretical ramblings – that my attempt has been to develop a different way of thinking about space and the inherent spatiality of human life. I myself have tried to think differently about the familiar notions of space, place, and territory and hopefully others as well. I have tried in essence to incorporate an ontological shift in understanding the world around us. It has mostly been a historical and social project. The challenge has been to interweave the spatial into the socio-historical dialectical project and to bring out its inseparability and the problematic interdependence of the three – the social, the temporal and the spatial.

APARAJITA DE
Research Associate
Centre for Social Studies
South Gujarat University Campus