[Reader-list] Broadband? Broad loot. Sign the petition...

Shivam shivamvij at gmail.com
Sat Dec 18 13:18:49 IST 2004

You can sign this here: http://www.petitiononline.com/trai/petition.html

To:  Telecom Regulatory Authority of India

To,
The Chairman,
Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI)

Dear Mr.Chairman,
We, the customer of so called "Broadband" services provided by the so called
"Broadband" Internet Service Providers (ISPs) petition you to take action
against these ISPs for not providing broadband connections yet marketing
their services as broadband that is misleading the consumers and bringing
disrepute to broadband.

We would like to bring to your notice that TRAI has defined a broadband
service as "An always-on data connection that is able to support various
interactive services, and has the capability of a minimum download speed of
256 Kbps." When these ISPs provide connections at 40 Kbps how can they claim
it to be broadband. We want TRAI to take action against such ISPs. We would
also like to remind TRAI that the broadband sector will not grow if such
unscruplous service providers are allowed to cheat consumers.

We hope TRAI in the interest of consumers and the future of broadband
services in India takes an efficient and quick action and regularlizes
broadband services in India.

Sincerely,
The Undersigned

You can sign here: