[Reader-list] Hindi literature page

ravikant ravikant at sarai.net
Sat Feb 28 12:58:44 IST 2004

Dear Rahul,

Any wiki is a good idea and one on hindi literature is the most welcome. I
also checked your wiki page for unicode hindi input and display - it works.
So it would be really nice to make it bi-lingual. I promise to supply more
hindi content whenever I have time at hand. I also wish to congratulate you
for including urdu as part of the hindi 'heritage', which will certainly open
up a whole world of wonderful short stories and poetry of high order. This is
very much in tune with a recent revival of interest in Urdu literature in
India. You must have noticed that more and more urdu books and magazines are
getting published either in Hindi or in both scripts. High time we challenged
the hindi academia's purist canons!

cheers
ravikant