[Reader-list] Moore: Pirate my film, no problem!

Menso Heus menso at r4k.net
Sun Jul 4 22:40:48 IST 2004

On Sun, Jul 04, 2004 at 09:49:59PM +0530, Shivam Vij wrote:
> "I do well enough already and I made this film because I want the
> world, to change. The more people who see it the better, so I'm happy
> this is happening."

He of course means now, after he has found a publisher for his movie. I
would have appreciated it if he would have started distributing it online
himself as soon as the trouble with Disney started.

> What about someone who's not doing well, and needs the money he
> deserves? Can the copyleft movement do with such subjectivity?

Saying something like this now, after getting a deal with Lion's Gate, is
basically just acknowledging that he can't do anything about piracy, in a
bit more creative way. It has little to do with Copyleft.

Menso