[Reader-list] Out now - Sarai Reader 4: Crisis/Media

Britta Ohm ohm at zedat.fu-berlin.de
Fri Mar 5 21:53:43 IST 2004

Dear all, I cannot remember to ever have had so many instant replies to a
rather small voiced problem of mine, thanks a lot for your concerns and your
readiness to relieve me (and others) as I'm not all that convinced of my
cyber-abilities most of the time. I'll be happy to wait, no problem.
Monica, there was a thorough reply of Reemtsma by way of an interview the
other day in a German paper, I was quite tempted to translate it as this
case in particular would be a very interesting contribution to the debate
that was started; I'm running short of time as usual, if I find some hours I
might put forward some of the main statements - in any case I was rather
trying to make a difference between respect of other people's work - which I
think is definitely what sarai is also relying upon - and (legitimate versus
legal) dissemination culture.
Best - Britta

----------
>Von: Monica Narula <monica at sarai.net>
>An: "Britta Ohm" <ohm at zedat.fu-berlin.de>
>Betreff: Re: [Reader-list] Out now - Sarai Reader 4: Crisis/Media
>Datum: Fre, 5. Mär 2004 13:53 Uhr
>

> dear britta
>
> sorry about this. we are trying to sort out this problem, and hope to
> have proper pdfs up soon.
>
> best
>
>>Dear Monica et.al,
>>just in case others have similar problems: I don't seem to be able to look
>>at the new reader texts, whenever I click onto a title a blank screen opens
>>and the data are transmitted (noted as pdf), yet the page remains blank and
>>the text is also not to be found anywhere else in my download files. Not
>>that I'masking for a computer crash course, but what am I doing wrong?
>>Best -- Britta
>>
>>----------
>>>Von: Monica Narula <monica at sarai.net>
>>>An: reader-list at sarai.net
>>>Betreff: [Reader-list] Out now - Sarai Reader 4: Crisis/Media
>>>Datum: Don, 4. Mär 2004 09:31 Uhr
>>>

>>>  Dear Friends,
>>>
>>>  We are happy to announce the print and web publication of Sarai
>>>  Reader 04 : 'Crisis/Media' . Please find more details about the book
>>>  below.
>>>
>>>  We would welcome responses, reviews and critiques of the publication,
>>>  and discussions based on its contents. If you would like to write a
>>>  review of the book, and wish to obtain a review copy, do write to
>>>  publications at sarai.net, mentioning details of the publication where
>>>  the review will appear, and when it is likely to be published.
>>>
>>>  The contents of the book may also be translated into other languages,
>>>  and published elsewhere. We, and the authors, would like to be
>>>  informed.
>>>
>>>  Looking forward to your responses
>>>
>>>  The Editorial Collective, Sarai Reader 04

>>>  Sarai Reader 04 : Crisis/Media
>>>  Published by the Sarai Programme, Centre for the Study of Developing
>>>  Societies, Delhi, 2004 [cc]
>>>
>>>  Edited by - Monica Narula, Shuddhabrata Sengupta, Jeebesh Bagchi,
Awadhendra