[Reader-list] Data on Mumbai Migration

Andrew Bailey bailey53 at bigpond.net.au
Wed May 5 11:54:48 IST 2004

My name is Nick Bailey and i am currently conducting a study on internal rural migration in India to the city of Mumbai and the econmoic rationalisations for such migration. My study is intending to focus on poor rural workers migrating to Mumbai in search of higher wages and better standards of living. I have had trouble gathering data on patterns of migration to Mumbai over recent years and i was wondering if you would be able to advise me on where best to gather these sets of data on the internet if possible. Please email me at njbai1 at student.monash.edu.au if you can in any way assist me. Yours Sincerely

Nick Bailey