[Reader-list] Crimson Feet, Volume 3 : Theme, Scope and A Call for Entries

Prayas Abhinav sonnet at crimsonfeet.org
Thu May 6 19:38:32 IST 2004

Crimson Feet, Volume 3
Theme, Scope and A Call for Entries
-----------------------------------------------***

Crimson Feet, the bi-monthly journal of evolutionary art and writing is
publishing its third volume in May'04. This note presents a brief
outline of the pervading theme, structure, scope and a call for new work.

Volume 3 - Theme:
*Poof* - the pyramid's gone and so is the mythical underground

Approaches:
The pyramid as a hierarchy is a classical symbol of the burden the
underdog carries on his shoulder. The burden of the need to rise up the
hierarchy, the burden of the need to survive, the burden of living with
the conscious presence of accomplished and 'risen'. But the pyramid can
also be equity, a disintegrated pyramid is a maze, an integrated pyramid
is a multi-dimension.

The pyramid as a hierarchy is a product of the universal lack of
conviction.

Scope:
Essays, art, poetry, fiction looking at the pyramid structurally. A
study of the structure of the pyramid as well as its deformations and
mutations can reveal some interesting things about hierarchies, the
underground and the *Poof* effect. The *Poof* effect has been felt by
numerous individuals and organizations at different points in their
life. It suddenly makes you feel
liberated and free to do anything, to feel anything, even 'happiness';
some instances of the *Poof* would be interesting. Strains of humour or
sarcasm will fit in well. Interpretation can be with any foci.
Specifically work which draws similarities and 'cross-solutions' across
different genres and fields e.g. open-source, the software industry and
the music industry is a ready example.

A Call for Entries:
We need new essays, fiction, art, a work of graphic fiction and poetry
which are vaguely or distinctly related to the above theme.

Anyone can send in their work, submissions are accepted only through our
online community center ( http://magazine.crimsonfeet.org )

Deadline for the third issue: May 15th 2004.

We pay Rs 250 for all work accepted for publication.

The-pickup-line: "Owe, you never understand me."

-----------------------------------------------***

Other spaces:
Work not confined to this theme will be considered for future issues.

Other relevant information:
Submissions are accepted online only at our community center at -
http://magazine.crimsonfeet.org

Know and read more about the magazine at http://magazine.crimsonfeet.org
, Crimson Feet, is a new short-staffed, resource-starved magazine which
is the world's first community owned, community-moderated,
community-created print magazine. And yes it is also community-bought,
something which we would like to correct, buy a subscription and get
somebody to buy one.

evolved art & writing, which doesn't try too hard to bore you.

Crimson Feet Magazine,
published from Ahmedabad, India
contact: mail at crimsonfeet.org , 91-079-8311979
B2 Shree Krishna Apartments,