[Reader-list] Cricket in print

Britta Ohm ohm at zedat.fu-berlin.de
Sun May 9 22:14:25 IST 2004

Dear all,
working on my thesis here a question has arisen that, as it turns out, I
have not sufficient material on, and I wonder if one or the other could help
me out with a brief information.
It is noticable that there does not exist anything like a yellow press in
India, the same being intrinsically dependent on the interaction between
sexuality and its moralistic condemnation (in connection with politics), and
that this complex has been covered by the Hindi film and also related
publications (Filmfare, Screen, Stardust etc.) as well as columns on the
film business in the mainstream papers. Now I wonder about cricket. It seems
to me that despite its immense popularity there does not exist much of a
related array of publications, fan-magazines etc. This strikes me as
strange, and I wonder if I have - not exactly very tuned into cricket
otherwise - overlooked something here. Could anyone give me a clue?

With many thanks -- Britta

--
Britta Ohm
Solmsstr.36