[Reader-list] [Announcements] / / T E C H N O M Y T H O L O G I E S // A R T - e - F A C T / 03 + 04

Trudy Lane trudy.lane at inet.hr
Wed Nov 3 18:42:59 IST 2004

/ Apologies for cross-posting //

/ /  A n n o u n c e m e n t   /

/ /  A R T - e - F A C T : STRATEGIES OF RESISTANCE  /  ISSUE 03

/ /  T E C H N O M Y T H O L O G I E S   /

/ /  http://artefact.mi2.hr/   /

In our third issue of ART-e-FACT, the main point of investigation
focuses on the ways in which technology and especially new media
technologies (from digital gadgets, to the Internet and virtual reality
technology, etc.) change our artistic and cultural paradigms. In which
ways are artists transformed by technology, and technology reshaped by
artists and activists? The differences can also be seen as a result of
the ways in which activists and artists try to break into particles the
myth of art-culture-technology's happy liaisons. The TECHNOMYTHOLOGIES
are divided into several areas of investigation and try to raise
controversial positions taken by artists, theoreticians, performers,
film and video makers, attacking the myths about technology and the
technology of the myths from a consistently political point of view.

Various contributions include:
1. Theoretical texts and critical reflection.
2. Presentation of art works from videos and films, photography,
Internet or web projects.
3. Displaying political, cultural, forensic manifestos along with links
to interesting projects.

Marina Grzinic, Guest Editor, issue 03
Antonia Majaca, Editor-in-Chief, ART-e-FACT

contact us at: info at artefact.mi2.hr

/ /  G L O C A L / O G U E   /  ISSUE 04

/ /  Guest Editor, Zoran Eric  /
/ /  Call for contributions   /

The field of interest of ART-e-FACT's fourth issue is the amalgam of
the global and the local.

We wish to focus on the mutation of the globalization process, modes of
surpassing local confinements of cultural and artistic fields,
investigation and articulation of glocal/borderline topics and
practices which do not necessarily generate new narratives, but place
the already existing/local ones into a global context.

What is it that determines successful models of integration of the
local into the global, as well as strategies used in a struggle for
universal recognition and visibility? Are there really new localisms
being made before globalization can destroy them, as according to Bruno
Latour? How do we distinguish legitimate from illegitimate glocal
annexes? What is 'big' and what is 'small' and are these categories
defined exclusively by the criteria of integration with the rest of the
world?

How do such phenomena, including a universal nomadization of all who
participate in these new cultural dynamics (artists, curators,
architects,...), reflect on design, architecture, urban iconography,
and a generic appearance of cities?

What defines the new glocalities and what are the cohesive factors in
shaping the complex glocal/transnational configuration?

Finally, we are interested in the possibility of creating a dynamic
glocal forum and a regional network based on dialogue (glocalogue),
intercity network of cultural nomads, leading to a new balance of the
local and the global.

The call for contributions is open to various modes of articulating the
topic of the glocal/ogue:
1. theoretical texts and critical reflections
2. short statements by artists, activists, critics
3. artworks‚ e.g. short video and film inserts, photography, internet
or web projects
4. political and economic manifestos, or simply a list of suggested
links to interesting projects on the internet, dedicated to this
subject.

Application deadline is February 1st, 2005.

Zoran Eric, Guest Editor, issue 04
Antonia Majaca, Editor-in-Chief, ART-e-FACT

contact us at: info at artefact.mi2.hr