[Reader-list] e governance through geographical information system in West Bengal

Tannistho Ghosh tannisthoghosh at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 24 16:39:25 IST 2004

Dear friends,

We are pleased to inform you that Panchayats and Rural Development Department, Government of West Bengal has collaborated with our organisation Riddhi Management Services in developing the first web based Geographical Information System of all the gram panchayats in West Bengal. These maps showing GP boundaries, markets, roads, railways, rivers and Census 2001 demographic information are now available on the internet for free viewing at www.trendswestbengal.org

The system can also answer complex statistical queries.

This is a giant step forward for the state in bringing about convergence and focus in policy planning and strategic action.

We are aware of the initiatives undertaken by your organisation so we decided to send you this piece of information. Please log on to www.trendswestbengal.org and browse the maps. If you have any feedback regarding this initiative it will be nice if you can get in touch with us at this email: tannistho at rediffmail.com or (0)9830165161

Yours sincerely,

Tannistho Ghosh

Consultant,

Riddhi Management Services Pvt. Ltd.v