[Reader-list] Shankar Guha Niyogi & NCERT

s choudhary smitashu at vsnl.com
Fri Oct 1 17:05:04 IST 2004

Dear friends,

chhattisgarh-net at yahoogroups.com  is an e mail discussion group on Chhattisgarh

In the course of one of our exchanges we also wrote to Mr Krishna Kumar, Director NCERT requesting him to include life of Mr Shankar Guha Niyogi in children's curriculum.

We have received a positive response from Mr Krishna Kumar ( attached below).

We look for your suggestions on how best to proceed.

regards

Shubhranshu Choudhary
Freelance Journalist
312, Patrakar Parisar
Sector 5, Vasundhara
Ghaziabad 201012 India
Ph - + 91 98110 66749
e mail - smitashu at vsnl.com
http://36garh.notlong.com

Copy of letter from Mr Krishna Kumar, Director NCERT

Dear Mr. Choudhary,

Many thanks for your message.  If you prepare a write-up on Niyogi's life and struggle, which may be interesting as a reading for children, please send it to me.  If it takes the shape of a book, that will be even better.

With regards and best wishes,

Yours sincerely,

Krishna Kumar