[Reader-list] (Invitation) seminar on'women's movement for the 21st century

Lokesh lokesh at sarai.net
Wed Oct 20 12:48:24 IST 2004

Seminar on 'Women's Movement for the 21 st Century'

Greetings !
Each year, Stree Adhikar Sangathan ( WRO- Women's Rights Organisation) organizes an intensive three-day workshop for its members to encourage collective thinking, learn from experiences, improve theoretical understanding, review activities and plan for the future. Apart from those who are involved with WRO throughout the year, we benefit tremendously from knowledge and experiences of our friends who help us in this workshop as resource persons. Earlier WRO workshops have been held in Allahabad (2000), Delhi (2001),  Lucknow (2002) and Varanasi (2003).

As part of this workshop, we also organize a one day public event on an issue of current relevance. Topics of earlier public events were on Women on the Threshold of Transition ( 2000), Women in the Context of Indian Culture and Civilization ( 2001), Our Culture and Communalism (2002) and Women and Communalism (2003).

This year we plan to hold the public event on the first day of the workshop itself i.e. on October 21st, 2004 to discuss and debate on Women’s Movement for the 21 st Century. Few leading scholar-activists of the women's movement have agreed to join us for the deliberations and share with us their concerns. Prof.Uma Chakravory, Dr Saroop Dhruv, Prof Zoya Hasan, Dr. Nivedita Menon and Dr Mary John have already confirmed their participation.

We will be happy if you can join us for the seminar which would be held at 1 p.m. on 21 st October 2004 at Mobile Creches office ( Behind Shivaji Stadium-  Sector 4, DIZ area, Raja bazaar, New Delhi 110001, Ph. 23347635)

Waiting to hear from you
Stree Adhikar Sangathan
( Contact : 011-27872835 / 9891170909/ 0532 -2552324)