[Reader-list] 'There is no case for torture, ever'

Shivam shivamvij at gmail.com
Wed Oct 27 15:10:40 IST 2004

There is no case for torture, ever

English law has long recognised that extracting information by threats
and brutality is barbaric. Moreover, such evidence is unreliable

Nick Cohen
Sunday October 24, 2004
The Observer

Extract: If the Law Lords doubt the wisdom of centuries and are
considering upholding the Court of Appeal's verdict, may I suggest a
small experiment? If they give me a law officer, the Lord Chancellor
perhaps, or the Director of Public Prosecutions, and a couple of
heavies, and leave us alone in a locked room, I think I can guarantee
that within a week he will have revealed that the entire senior
judiciary are members of al-Qaeda.

see:http://observer.guardian.co.uk/comment/story/0,6903,1334783,00.html