[Reader-list] Agent Gmail

Naunidhi Kaur naunidhi at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 6 21:16:55 IST 2004

I think there is a bigger picture to gmail. The brand strategy of selling
this product has assured that everybody wants their accounts ending with
that elusive gmail. Not very different from having the Nike swoosh on your
Tshirt or becoming a human billboard for Tommy Hilfiger. In the longer run
gmail curtails freedom. This is because it stands for choosing under the
pressure of what is “in.” Oh well, we can all thank the nefarious brand
managers of gmail for that !

Naunidhi