[Reader-list] re: agent gmail

avinash kumar avinash332 at rediffmail.com
Thu Sep 16 14:47:15 IST 2004

An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
this is from aniket alam,

the thing about privacy is that the levels of intrusion talked about
by captain in his mail are regular practices in our lives now.
there is enough technology available to monitor your credit card and
bank transactions so that people monitorig can easily work out work,
leisure, eating, transport, etc etc patterns and that too globally.
moreover, increasing number of public buildings and spaces are
monitored by cameras. further, even in regular emails it is very very
easy to monitor specific computers or accounts for usage patterns
giving a mine of inofrmation.
and if you are living in a country where your social security number,
bank account, health system, tax returns, municipal records, transport
office, police records and such others are linked, or can be linked,
on a single Government (or non-government) network... well then,
"welcome brother, we are watching you". on top of that there is the
newer technology (s) of bio-information from fingerprinting, cornea
'printing' and DNA 'printing'... "where will you run, come back to
momma and she will take care of you'.....
to agonise about google.... (actually, why am i even writing this?)
its a sheer waste of time.
but since i have spent the better part of ten minutes putting this
down i might just add the good news.
a little bird tells me that the data generated is so massive (a googal
of data perhaps) that it is difficult to make much sense of it. it
works for tagging individuals but is of not much use for large bodies
of people... i can almost imagine some paper pushing flunkey drowing
in a sea  of bits and bytes of meaningless data! cheers....
AA