[Reader-list] Update on PANTOTO Communities Project

raghavan at servelots.com raghavan at servelots.com
Fri Sep 24 12:17:57 IST 2004

Hi all,

  Updates on the PANTOTO Communities software...."http://www.pantoto.com/"
Please email your queries to "totomaster at servelots.com".

Raghavan

~~~~~Latest News ~~~~~

**Available on Source Forge***
The PANTOTO Communities software is being made available on Source Forge <
http://SourceForge.net/projects/pantoto>. The software is available under
both GPL and Apache Licenses. Please join the effort.

**Release***
We have recently made our second public release of the software. Feature
that allow for further customization of user created forms, sorting search
results and enhancements have been made to the search features to
facilitate online analysis of information.

**Localization**
Work has commenced on provisioning localization of the PANTOTO Communities
software. This is being done using the software that has been developed by
the Indic-Sarai fellows. Sarai has been supporting the development of tools
that can be used for Indic Language needs of a web application

To see their work please visit < http://mail.sarai.net:8080/indic>

They also encourage developers/organizations and other working in the area
of Indic/localization to participate in the Indicart <
http://mail.sarai.net:8080/indic> community.

~~~~About PANTOTO~~~~

What is the PANTOTO?

* PANTOTO is a platform independent, web-enabled software product that
allows end-users to configure information management systems, online
communities, and extranets.
* It is targeted at SMEs, not-for-profit organizations and government
organizations by being a software that aims to reduce the dependency on the
software developer.
* Developed in Java, PANTOTO uses a MySQL database and a Tomcat/Resin
web-server. The user interface has been developed using the WebMacro
template engine.
* To know more about the PANTOTO Communities project please visit
http://www.PANTOTO.com

Who is developing PANTOTO?

* Development of the PANTOTO Communities project is being driven by
Servelots Infotech Pvt. Ltd.
* Servelots is a Bangalore based IT company and its sole agenda is to
develop, enhance and service the PANTOTO software.
* With a current team strength of ten, the team is expanding, also into
other cities, to meet a growing set of customization needs of clients.
* PANTOTO is a free/open source software on sourceforge.net, and the
developer circle extends beyond the team at Servelots.

What is the profile of PANTOTO users?

Mostly from the NGO and SME sector. PANTOTO adopters are typically
functional experts who are not computer savvy, but are able to put together
simple web-based applications for information and community management for
their needs.

~~~~Calling for Participation~~~~

* We are currently seeking software developers who have worked with Open
Source and in an Open Source Environment.
* We also invite particpation from individuals who have experience in
information management/documentation/networking with an interest in the
social development sector.

Working with us in this project requires an understanding of the
significance of your contribution to the NGO sector. We are today in an
environment where IT resources are inaccessible to the NGO and SME sectors.
Visit < http://PANTOTO.com> for more information.

PANTOTO Communities - Communities Managing Community Knowledge

3354 KR Road,
Bangalore 560070

totomaster at servelots.com

< http://PANTOTO.com>