[Reader-list] [Announcements] The schedule for Jagah: In Search of Spaces

Monica Mody monica.mody at gmail.com
Sat Sep 25 07:13:35 IST 2004

The Nigah Media Collective presents

Jagah: In Search of Spaces

THE GENDER AND SEXUALITY EXHIBITION
THE MONTH OF FREE SPEECH: CAMPAIGN AGAINST CENSORSHIP

Venue: Arpana Fine Arts Gallery, Academy of Fine Arts and Literature,
4/6 Siri Fort Institutional Area, New Delhi 110049

Date: 25-27 September 2004

Jagah is a space where one can hang out, meet people, talk and share
experiences, without having to struggle to fit. A jagah for expression
and mediations on gender and sexuality, on our bodies and our desires,
our silences -- both chosen and imposed. A space one can claim as
one's own, one without judgments, one that is not just about "art",
but about creativity, expression, and resistance.

THE EXHIBITION FEATURES

photographs| paintings| posters| poems| installations| films| music
videos| baithak| Jagah's apna blog | Sarai Media Lab

Queer Salon, where nothing is excluded from conversation

25 Sep.	Shaleen Rakesh, Naz Foundation India
26 Sep. 	Saleem Kidwai, co-author of Same-Sex Love In India
27 Sep. 	Nivedita Menon, University of Delhi & Shuddhabrata Sengupta,
Sarai-CSDS/ Raqs Media Collective
(between 5 p.m. to 6 p.m.)

Performances/films

25 Sep.	Vidya Shah sings Amir Khusro, Bulle Shah, Sultan Bahu & thumris
		Namita Malhotra's "Queering Bollywood"
26 Sep.	Youth4Peace performs Essentially Yerma in Imphal, a play
recreating the recent incidents of violence and protest in Manipur
27 Sep.   	Songs by the Almost Famous singers Parth, Sharmi and Tatva
Wong Kar Wai's "Happy Together"
(6 p.m. onwards)

Contact:
nigahmedia at yahoo.com, 9811269257/ 9810253342/9810755476,
http://www.geocities.com/nigahmedia

--
Art can take our unexpressed thoughts and desires and fling them with
clarity and coherence on the wall, a sheet of paper, or against the