[Reader-list] Upload/Video/Google

Shivam Vij shivamvij at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 13:17:26 IST 2005

Google's Videop Upload programme is now up.

https://upload.video.google.com/

#  What is Google Video?
https://upload.video.google.com/video_faq.html#overview2

Our mission is to organize the world's information and make it
universally accessible and useful. Currently, Google Video lets you
search a growing archive of televised content -- everything from
sports events to dinosaur documentaries to news programs. In addition
to televised content, we're now accepting video from anyone who wants
to upload content to us. Uploaded content will not be immediately
available to users searching Google Video as this is just the
submission stage of the program. But (if you'll pardon the pun) stay
tuned.

# What is the Google Video upload program?

The upload program lets you submit videos electronically to Google
Video, as long as you own the necessary rights (including copyrights,
trademarks, rights of publicity, and any other relevant rights for
your content). Just sign up for an account and use our upload tool to
send your videos to Google. The program is still in beta so you won't
see your videos live on Google Video immediately.

To make sure that your video is submitted properly, please read below
about preferred file formats and our approval process. Videos may not
go live if they're not approved or if we're unable to accept the
format.

# When will my videos be on Google Video?

We're still in the first phase of the upload program. Once we approve
your video submission and enter the next phase, we'll send you an
email (to the email address you provide) to let you know that we're
ready to add your content to Google Video. Users will then be able to
search, preview, purchase, and play your video.

At any time after you upload your video to Google, you'll have the
opportunity to add more videos, update the information about each
video, or remove your video from the program. The content may be
reviewed by Google prior to being made available online. You can rest
assured, however, that we'll notify you if we cannot use the content
you submit

# What types of videos are you accepting?

We accept any type of video content, with these restrictions:

    * You must own all necessary rights to the content, including
copyrights toboth the video and the audio.
    * You must be able to upload the video to us electronically.
    * The video must not contain pornographic or obscene material.

The content may be reviewed prior to being made available online. If
we cannot use it, we'll let you know.

# Will users be able to play my videos?

At this time, we're only collecting videos for potential inclusion in
the program. When we enter the next phase, users will be able to
search, preview, purchase, and play your video – depending on your
preferences. In order to promote your video to users, every video on
Google Video will allow users to see a quick preview. When we're ready
to distribute your video on Google Video, we'll notify you.

If you assign a price to your video or submit a video in an
undesirable file format, it may take longer for your video to be
included on Google Video. In some cases, we may not be able to publish
your video on Google Video if it's in a different format. Please
review our preferred file formats

You can keep up to date on the status of the program by visiting the
Google Video Upload page. From this page, you can sign in to your
account to keep track of your video status.

# What will Google do with my video?

After you submit your video to Google Video, we may review it as a
part of our approval process. When we're ready to move to the next
phase of the program and begin including your videos in Google Video,
we'll notify you (at the email address you provide).

At any time, you have the opportunity to add more videos, update the
information about each video, or remove your video from the program
Please note that each time you update your information, it may be
re-reviewed, which could delay the time it's published.

# Can I charge for playback of my video?

Yes. Or you can allow users to play your video for free. This is
totally up to you and your video distribution goals. As the content
owner, you decide whether you'd like to give away your video for free
or charge a price that you set for it. If you do charge a price,
Google will take a small revenue share to cover some of our costs.

# How is my content protected?

Google takes the security of your content very seriously. We've put a
number of measures in place to prevent copying or sharing of your
content. For more information on our copyright policies and
procedures, please read the Copyright section of this FAQ.