[Reader-list] Indian films in China

Neepa Majumdar nmajumda+ at pitt.edu
Mon Apr 18 19:38:02 IST 2005

Can anyone on this list point me to sources on the distribution of Indian
films in China? I am looking specifically for information on the
distribution of DR. KOTNIS KI AMAR KAHANI (1946). Does anyone know if this
film was ever distributed in China? In all the sources I have looked at,
there are vague generalizations about Raj Kapoor films in China but no
sources are cited. My impression is also that the bulk of Indian film
distribution in China began in the 1970s rather than the 1950s.

Thanks,
Neepa Majumdar