[Reader-list] Right to Information responses

Bikram Jeet Batra freestspirit at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Apr 20 15:46:18 IST 2005

I am a delhi based lawyer and researcher - subscribed
to the list recently.

under the Maharashtra Right to Information Act, 2002,
I received a note (appended with the information
sought) which informed me that I could use the
information for research purposes but not publish it
without the permission of the Govt of Maharashtra.

As far I understand the RTI (and any other)
legislation, there is nothing that allows the Govt to
restrict publication of information that it hands out.

I would also be interested in knowing of other such
application.

best,
Bikram