[Reader-list] Re: My God became a dog

lakshmi kutty lakshmikutty at rediffmail.com
Sat Apr 16 18:54:54 IST 2005

prashant,

glad to know that u and i share ambedkar's thoughts on the importance of not investing anything with sacredness such that it inhibits re-evaluation!

my intention in sending the greeting across was not to suggest that he be treated akin to gods, rather to remember & value an idea that has much to offer our lives and practices today. and it is worth reiterating who/what/where we wish to draw our legacy from, isn't it?

also, it would be interesting to discuss how/why ambedkar has come to occupy the same space in public memory (like in yours) as shivaji and savarkar. this would imply an ignorance of the vastly different political investments made by these three figures ('mythic' maybe, but political nonetheless).

since i dont want to assume wrongly or misunderstand u, do write back...

lakshmi.