[Reader-list] Stories of Entrepreneurship

tripta tripta at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 15:10:43 IST 2005

Dear Prasad,

Enjoyed your posting on entrepreneurship as find resonance of what I am
looking at the moment. I presume that the research is in its initial
stage and the narrative will deepen. Also, I do not know the context in
which you are conducting the research so ignore redundant queries.

The three case studies you have sent represent three different contexts
with connections of some sort, i suppose. It was in this context I was
wondering how you are mobilizing the term `entrepreneurship'; are these
people `self proclaimed' entrepreneurs or they are `identified' as same
by their peers? How does being an `entrepreneur' shape the sociality of
the relations, existing and evolving? Is the success accounted for in
terms of alleviated `social status'? Are there any negatives of being a
success story articulated within the narratives of the self or the
other? Does it alter the manner in which entries into `spaces' and
`narratives' are sought? For instance, is the knowledge of `newer types
of vegetables' for the vendor a means to seek entry into `newer' spaces?
How are these `newer' vegetable articulated in the everyday language?
Does it represent a certain class/ social status/lifestyle?

thanks and looking forward to your response
tripta