[Reader-list] BLANK NOISE NIGHT WALK /Mumbai: Roundtable discussion on the issues surrounding the marine drive rape crime

Jasmeen P machleetank at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 14:57:55 IST 2005

Hello everyone at pukar and sarai

once again I'm opening the Blank Noise project to people/ women. Also
bringing in the context of the recent rape case in mumbai:

" One question however, was asked over an again "Why should women be
out in public space when they had no work there?"- Pukar

The participants of Blank Noise have been plannign a night walk /
performance through the night in and around brigade road. It is in the
initial stages- hence the costumes/ garments for the performance have
not been designed yet. there are ideas of wearing existing 'normal'
garments but making them neon. or creating them with lights. We could
perhaps do the same in bombay and delhi?

I see this happening 3 weeks from now....
what do you think? would you be interested?

Jasmeen

www.fotolog.net/machlee/
www.blanknoiseproject.blogspot.com