[Reader-list] The Vedavatis of this world

Tapas Ray tray at cal2.vsnl.net.in
Wed Aug 10 16:24:58 IST 2005

> from mohammad rafi to  irfan pathan, shahrukh khan, amiir khan.....they
> are 100% indians.

So, now we have a definition of Indianness - the degree of a Muslim's
Indianness (expressed in terms of percentage) corresponds to the level of
his/her fame and fortune.

> i am neither a prankster, nor a person who is hungry for (cheap)
> publicity. whatever i have
> written ..i really mean it. india is a democratic country, everybody has
> right to express his or
> her views. i too have right to write what i feel.

I would like to repeat what I said the other day, in response to Vijender
Chauhan's post - people who work to demolish democracy, often do so in the
name of, and under the protection provided by that same democracy.

> pseudo secularists, forget 'godhra' & keep cursing gujrat cm for gujrat
> riots, can a single person > however heavyweight may be a cm, be
> responsible for riots? can he do that without any help from
> hindu society? why did hindus from gujrat vote for him again?

I take the liberty of thanking Ms Vedavati for her advice on behalf of all
pseudosecularists. I also take this opportunity to point out that Mr Modi
did what the Bolsheviks and the Nazis did -  murder democracy by using
democracy. And while doing so, Mr Modi excelled in the Nazi art of
rabble-rousing.

A truly democratic sciety, which wants to continue to reproduce itself and
NOT  LET  ITSELF  BE  MANIPULATED  BY  TOTALITARIAN  FORCES into something
other than itself, should outlaw or at least place restrictions on these
forces, apart from fighting them ideologically. Logically enough, we have
laws against antinational activities. These forces are antinational, too, in
that they are trying to destroy the nation as it has been constructed
according to modernist ideals. So why should they not be bracketed with
other antinational groups? If they want to play the game of mediavalism in
its postmodern avatar, so be it. But then they should have the courage to
come out of the system they are trying to destroy. At least the Maoists -
those groups which do not fight elections - have shown the courage to do so.