[Reader-list] In response to Roger

Nishant Shah itsnishant at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 15:37:23 IST 2005

Hi,
I just wanted to, as a Sarai fellowship programme reject this year, applaud
Vivek for his patient reply. While I did not land the fellowship myself a
lot of my friends did and yes, a few of them were also women and such a
sexist statement on the part of Roger wanted me to go out and start a troll
account somwhere.
However, I must say that it has been a pleasure to read most of the postings
on the list. Even though the topics were diverse and the participants had
very radical, sometimes disparate methods to deal with their problems, it
was an experience worth the having. A lot of them are unrelated to the
fields that I work in and quite a few gave me new knowledge about things
around me and I am thankful to all of them.
I am generally a quiet lurker - yes I did not even, as a gujarati, jump into
the Vedavati woes - but this particular mail by Roger stung something
somewhere. I think this year's participants are as interesting as last
year's and such unfair statements as made in the comment just got me into
writing a few lines to say, as they do in bangalore - ignore madi!
Just a small mail to balance out the horrible after taste Roger's mail left
in my mouth.

cheers everybody.

Hope you have a good conference

Nishant Shah