[Reader-list] What ails the Sarai Reader List?

Kiran Jonnalagadda jace at pobox.com
Wed Aug 24 23:46:34 IST 2005

Hello all,

The Independent Fellows are at Sarai in Delhi for the workshop. I
made my presentation today on how form shapes online community. For
the sake of illustration, I picked a familiar community, the reader
list itself.

 From empirical evidence, I was aware that several readers have
trouble keeping up with the volume of the list. I made a contrast
with LiveJournal, another community system which manages to scale to
a far higher volume of traffic before it becomes a burden, looking
for things they do that the reader list could do with.

Due to time constraints, I could not go into as much detail as I'd
have liked to. Here are my slides: http://jace.seacrow.com/misc/sarai-
rl-lj

This has been a great opportunity and I thank everyone who was
involved, especially those present today. This was the best response
I've had to a presentation yet.

I will continue exploring how form shapes community and post to the
list as appropriate.

--
Kiran Jonnalagadda
http://www.pobox.com/~jace