[Reader-list] ifellow workshop notes & filament2.com

Prayas Abhinav prayas.abhinav at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 10:34:43 IST 2005

Hi all,

I had initiated an art project called - filament2.com a few months
back. I am posting some info about it.

Also, I have posed a draft of my summarized notes of the Independent
Fellows workshop at
http://filament2.blogspot.com/2005/08/summary-of-next-three-days-at-workshop.html
and http://filament2.blogspot.com/2005/08/workshop-notes.html - do
post corrections or additions as comments...

---

FILAMENT2.COM -----

"Bounce statements off walls of all shades. You will play with words."

The filament2 blogs are about exploring different shades of writing -
personal, reviews, political, tech, social concern, journalistic. This
exploration is being done in a "traveller's" vein. Like a "rahi" [1].
The travel is happening across servers hosted in different parts of
the world. Servers having different national identities, at least.

* so http://filament2.blogspot.com is at "blogger", owned by an
American company (google.com).

* http://filament2.blog.co.uk is at "blog.co.uk", having a British identity.

* http://filament2.blogspirit.com is at "blogspirit", a strong
European identity.

* And http://filament2.civiblog.org/blog is at "civiblog", a Canadian
free hosting provider for civil society activists.

All the postings at these blogs are consolidated at filament2.com
(here), a site with an Indian identity. Globalized "khichdi", a
"filament" which lights up with collective globalized action. In
India.

The next few blogs might be in Africa, Asia, India, Russia, East
Europe, Brasil... I might also do a blog at MSN, Salon, LiveJournal,
Typepad, Squarespace in a corporate "filamentalizing" effort.

I will be publishing periodic illustrated compilations of my postings
at these blogs at my site. They will be downloadable (maybe freely). I
am also allowing my blogs to transit through seasons. At present a few
of these blogs are passing through a season of poems.
----

[1] rahi=traveller in hindi

--
Prayas Abhinav