[Reader-list] [Announcements] VIBGYOR Film Festival -- call for Entries

Kavita Joshi impulse at bol.net.in
Fri Dec 9 23:13:40 IST 2005

Forwarded mail: please reply only to the e-ids below......

Subject: VIBGYOR Film Festival -- call for Entries

Dear Friends,

I'm Benny writing from Trichur, Kerala. Our organization, Chetana Media
Institute, is organizing the `VIBGYOR Short & Documentary Film Festival' at
Trichur from February23-26, 2006. We have included a Competition section
also. Consider the following text as an invitation and preliminary level
informattion. You will get more info from our website,
www.vibgyorfilmfest.com

Thanks,
Benny

Chetana Media Institute, Thrissur, Kerala, India
VIBGYOR Film Festival
Celebrating Identities and Diversity

Chetana stands to create free and fearless expressions of the human
spirit in life and art, through media instruction, production and
interaction. We team up with like-minded groups and organizations to
facilitate effective interventions in favor of peace, justice and
harmony.

VIBGYOR, the latest move of Chetana into the territory of film
festivals gets set to celebrate this time the vagaries of identity and
the richness of its embodied diversity in the festival of short and
documentary films to be held from February 23-26, 2006 at Thrissur,
Kerala. We endeavor to celebrate and interface our belief in existence
where its preferences and forms of expressions are neither implicated
by the other nor hindered by any industrial interests; a fair
juxtaposing of identities is all that VIBGYOR intents.

Starting with the festival Small Films in a Smaller World of February
2004 to Gargi Women Film Festival of May 2005, it is unstoppable as we
advance with our supporters and sympathizers to refigure identity and
redraw the extents of diversity with VIBGYOR. Drawing on the past
experiences, the intent is to make the event a national festival of
shorts and documentaries broadly mapping identity politics and its
scope.

The Festival sections include
Competition,
Non-Competitive,
Retrospective and
Focus of the Year.

COMPETITION: is open to short fiction and documentaries produced in
India, between 1st December 2003 and 30th November, 2005. The theme
for Documentaries is 'Women Frames' (time limit 1hr.). There is no
specific theme for Fiction (time limit 1hr). Entry fee for Competition
section for both documentaries and shorts is Rs. 500/- per film. The
winning entries shall be awarded Cash Prize and a Citation.

Non-competitive section includes national and international short
fiction, documentaries, music videos, animations and spots and these
should be based on the theme `Identities and Diversity'.

In the Non-Competitive section, 'TV Features Made by Women' and
'Campus Films' are included and in this category only entries from
Kerala state are invited.

Focus of the Year 2006 section shall have 'Water' as its theme.

Register your entries in any of the above sections by downloading the
entry form from www.vibgyorfilmfest.com. Fill it, sign it and post it
to us with your VCD/ VHS/DVD (Region 2 or All Region) with a synopsis
in less than 65 words and a good still of the film along with a DD for
Rs. 500/- (applicable only in case of Competition Entries) drawn in favor
of  'Chetana Media Institute' payable at Trichur (Kerala).

Last date for receipt of your entries in the Competition section is
20th December, 2005. Entries in the Non-Competitive and Focus of the
Year sections should reach the office before 31st December, 2005.
There will be pre-selection round in all the categories.

For details, contact:
VIBGYOR Film Festival Office
Chetana Media Institute
Kalliath Sq., Palace Road