[Reader-list] Yossarian Electro Diesel engine

Shivam mail at shivamvij.com
Tue Dec 13 00:19:56 IST 2005

This is about the sting investigation that many of you may have seen
today or will read about in the papers in the morning. In any case,
brief details here: http://www.outlookindia.com/pti_news.asp?id=341247

Cobrapost editor Aniruddha Bahal writes the whole story here:

http://www.cobrapost.com/documents/fdec%20.htm

It's long, but worth it. A useful excerpt below.

S.

________

Later on in the day, he (Anna Sahib MK Patil) also ends up signing 19
blank parliamentary forms used for submitting questions in the Lok
Sabha, some of which we make good use of. The questions submitted on
them by NISMA, with the help of Harish Badola, was for me the most
satisfying part of Operation Duryodhana.

Excerpts from some of the questions:

Whether the Railway Ministry has placed any order for purchase of the
Yossarian Electro Diesel engine from Germany? Is the ministry aware
that the Tom Wolfe committee report in Germany has halted its
induction into the Euro Rail system?

Whether the Government has given sanction for the seed trial of
Salinger Cotton of Monsanto? If so, has a report been prepared on
Catch 22 cotton so far?

Has the ministry lifted the 1962 ban it imposed on the book "For whom
the Bell Tolls" by Ernest Hemingway and the 1975 ban on Ken Kesey's
book "One Flew Over a Cuckoo's Nest" and Hunter Thomson's book "Fear
and Loathing in Las Vegas"? If so, when were the bans removed?

Whether the government is aware that a domestic flying license has
been denied to Cobra Cargo for starting operations in India? Since
when has Semper Sursum Private Limited, the holding company of Cobra
Cargo, applied for the domestic cargo license?

And now, that I have paid homage to Yossarian, I am a little upset
that Major Major and Milo Mindbinder got left out. But I am happy that
the Yossarian brand name has infiltrated the German market in spite of
strong opposition from Tom Wolfe thanks to the foresightedness of the
Indian parliamentarians. As for the Catch 22 and Salinger cotton
strains I hope they are tremendously profitable for farmers and that
the lifting of the bans on Hemingway, Thomson and Kesey, long due and
deserved, will lead to a tremendous fillip to the publishing industry
in general.

http://www.cobrapost.com/documents/fdec%20.htm