[Reader-list] Wi-Fi in India

Shivam Vij shivamvij at gmail.com
Sun Feb 6 21:17:12 IST 2005

Dear all,

I asked a Japanese exchange student why he didn't bring his laptop to
Delhi. "I thought India was a big IT superpower and I won't need my
laptop there," he said. It's time we lived up to the hype we have
created about ourselves. Here is a well-researched must-read story on
wireless Internet in India and how the government is sleeping over its
potential:

  No Strings Attached

  With wireless computers making quiet inroads into select cities,
Reshma Patil and Pragya Singh find workspaces expandng into unexpected
zones: residence balconies, hospital waiting-rooms, school corridors
and, soon, at a Mumbai lakeside park. Now if only the government would
lose its shackles

  [ http://www.indianexpress.com/full_story.php?content_id=64120 ]

Regards,
Shivam Vij