[Reader-list] [Announcements] Networked_Performance Guest Blogger: Adriana de Souza e Silva

Jo-Anne Green jo at turbulence.org
Sun Feb 13 02:01:14 IST 2005

February 12, 2005
Networked_Performance Guest Blogger: Adriana de Souza e Silva
http://turbulence.org/blog

Well on our way to 600 entries in a mere 7 months, we welcome Adriana de
Souza e Silva as our next networked_performance Guest Blogger.

Adriana's research addresses the ways in which mobile communication
technologies play an active role in creating "new types of communication
and social networks in a hybrid space formed by the blurring of borders
between physical and digital spaces...Nomadic technology devices are
responsible for producing new social networks in a space that
interconnects the physical and the virtual due to their users' perpetual
mobility..." (see http://www.turbulence.org/blog/archives/000423.html)

Adriana is a Senior Researcher at the UCLA Graduate School of Education
and Information Studies (GSE&IS) at CRESST (Center for the Study of
Evaluation). From 2001 to 2004 she was a visiting scholar at the UCLA
Department of Design | Media Arts. She holds a Ph.D. in Communications
and Culture at the Federal University of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.

For more information about Turbulence, please visit http://turbulence.org

--
Jo-Anne Green, Co-Director
New Radio and Performing Arts, Inc.: http://new-radio.org