[Reader-list] [Announcements] Art Faculty exhibition

reyhan chaudhuri reyhanchaudhuri at eth.net
Sun Feb 27 00:13:29 IST 2005

Sub: Exhibition of the most 'Recent Works' and 'Other Worlds' of our Art Faculty.

Dear Friends ,

             Our Polytechnic was started 41 yrs ago. Today we have nearly 2000 students pursuing Vocational Courses, in 21 departments. Most of them are in the Pure-Art, Art-based courses, while some are also non-art based, like Holistic Health & Fitness  and that of Art of Music(an event management course).

            Over the years our students that have passed out, have been absorbed in the respective industry, in various prestigious positions. Some of them have really made us proud by their achievements and feats. We are however equally proud of others, who in their small way have juggled 'careers & home' or done self-enterprise, in a more modest manner and thereby, used the skills learnt here.

            The Polytechnic has also undertaken major projects over the years. The most recent being the Mural work for six Metro Stations (both indoor and outdoor walls) and approx.100X60 ft. Kashmiri Gate Station being the most recent one.

              We have subsequently realized that we have such a skilled and enterprising faculty. They have or are devoting a lifetime, for educating young women, from all parts of India & abroad. It is interesting however that most of them foreswear that it is not at the cost of their own creativity. In fact most of them firmly feel that teaching / working with young people, from all walks of life, has actually given their own art, an extra dimension.

              We are therefore for once, having an exhibition of the most ' Recent Works' of our Art Faculty. It is to showcase their 'other world' and 'other emotions' that do not transcend nor diminish their 'real daily life' but is juxtaposed, along with it. There shall also be a 'Book Release' on an Art Technique, by one of the members of the faculty. Copies shall be available at the venue.

             The Art Work shall be on display at the Visual Art Gallery of Habitat Centre from: 9th March to 13th March, between 10am to 8pm.

                                    It is most heartening for us, to have an exhibition of this kind, for educationists, who are not normally in the limelight. Teachers who selflessly, in their own way have been promoting their student's works or careers, over the years.In fact, the Book Release is by one of our colleagues, who has chosen to be anonymous.

                        We do hope most members of the Reader-List:Sarai, will be able to come and see the Art Works.

                        Yrs Sincerely,

                                    R.Chaudhuri.