[Reader-list] 49A and the sarkari monsters

sreejata roy sreejata at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 1 20:56:51 IST 2005

Hi! All

Sorry for bit delay in replying to this mail

anyways.....

In reference to the mail 49A, I do want to share in
brief, two experiences of these sarkari monsters/
dalals /whatever it may be titled as………different names
at different work places.

I am an overseas student in UK.
My scholarship includes the 60% of the fees and I need
to teach in my school to pay rest of my fees. My
living depends on my part time jobs.

I as a customer to the dalals

Firstly, to work in UK (whether a student/ not) you
need to have a NI number, (national Insurance number).
 I believe it takes ages to get a NI number in this
country. Further NI Office deducts tax from your
wages.
Secondly there is income tax which deducts from your
wages as well; all together they deduct 23% of the tax
from your wage

Being a student, I am not liable to pay any tax to the
UK government. Even if I pay tax, I can claim the
money back straight away (it is according to the
rule). For that I have to fill up a form P46.

The funniest part is, more easy you fill up the form
P46 at your work place, it is that difficult to pursue
the form and claim your money back.
The whole process is hazy.

The school admin office will send you to the academic
registration office where you will find more
procedures and few more faces to deal with, then they
will send you to the finance department, then the
finance office will ask you to contact the tax office
on the phone. In the tax office, somebody is sick/
somebody has gone on holiday/ they will forward you to
another department. So you go round in two three
phases through few departments chasing dalals /
sarkari monsters on phone.
By the time you reach the person concerned, your visa
has expired; you have to go back to your own country.

Further if you work part time in two places at the
same time, it is more difficult to claim your money as
you can apply for one job only.
So it means that the rest of the tax money is gobbled
up by the tax office/ monsters / dalals?

I once took a chance  in three years time to go
through half way of the procedures and now I dare not
claim my tax money back looking at the whole process.

I as a dalal / monster

On the contrary, I work for a company (well know in
UK) not that way sarakri. This is my part time job. My
job is as a dalal/ monster. I sell products on
telephone/ telemarketing.

The first things I have to tell the customer that I am
calling on behalf of customer care of company X.

The salutation has to be finely tuned so that the
customer feels comfortable to continue with the
conversation with the dalal. I get very few friendly
responds and most of them are rude.

After a day toil of 18hrs which includes job,
traveling and also the family hazards. Who will talk
to the home improvement dalals?

But still we have to be very polite to tackle all
these situations as we are in ‘CUSTOMER CARE’.
We have to sit on customer’s head and convince them to
buy the home improvement products showing them offers
and big deals.

However when this customer asks in return that, ‘No I
am not buying anything further as I am facing a
problem with your existing product. I have complained
several times on phone, send letters to your company.
Can you please help me to get my product fixed or can
I get my money back?’ Instantly I tell them’ Oh!
Sorry! I am not from that department.
The customer asks’ You told me now that you are from
‘CUSTOMER CARE’?’
I have to tell him smartly making him confused ‘it is
a different department which deals with these
problems.’

Unfortunately I /nobody  knows about this department/
whether this department at all exists  in the company
or not to fix the customers problem!

We dalals are told by our managers (dalals/ monsters
in a bigger form) that this is the company strategy
where we are supposed to tell the customer vaguely
about that vague department and avoid those hazards.

My job is to sell products since I am in ‘CUSTOMER
CARE’
If I don’t do that then I am instructed to leave the
job immedietly.

So the customer roams in my loop as I roam in the loop
of the other dalals/ monsters….

My question is how we can identify dalals/monsters?

With Best
sreejata