[Reader-list] Space and Violence in Vatva, Ahmedabad- Introduction

Aarti aarti at sarai.net
Fri Jan 28 13:47:14 IST 2005

Dear Swara and Moyuk,

Thank you for your post. As someone who also went to work in the camps
post the riots in Gujarat, I am especially interested in the
possibilites your proposal opens up. I did not work in Navapura, though
my brother Aman did. He wrote a short paper drawing on his experiences,
as did a colleague of mine from our work in the Aman Chowk camp. I could
send you both if you like. If you'd like to get in touch with them here
are their email addresses:

amsethi at rediffmail.com and bhrigupati at hotmail.com

I will respond conceptually to your paper once I spend some time
thinking about the kinds of questions you raise.

looking forward to more posts
best
Aarti