[Reader-list] [Announcements] Celebrating Turbulence's Networked_Performance Blog

Turbulence turbulence at turbulence.org
Thu Jul 28 02:09:56 IST 2005

July 27, 2005
Celebrating Turbulence's Networked_Performance Blog
http://turbulence.org/blog

The networked_performance blog is now one year old. With 1,100 entries,
and 1,200 visits per day (and climbing), networked_performance has
become an important resource for practitioners, scholars and the general
blogosphere. Our Guest Bloggers have included Nathaniel Stern (South
Africa), Michelle Kasprzak (Canada), Régine Debatty (Belgium), Yukihiko
Yoshida (Japan), and Adriana de Souza e Silva (US); Luís Silva
(Portugal) will begin in September. Renowned author, Howard Rheingold
("The Virtual Community" and "Smart Mobs"), said "Networked Performance
(is) one of my favorite blogs about location-based experiments beyond
the usual boring stuff."

Helen Thorington and Michelle Riel have been guests on "empyre" this
month (http://www.turbulence.org/blog/archives/001078.html), presenting
their analysis of the blog contents, and they'll be moderating the
"Networked Performance: How Does Art Affect Technology and Vice Versa?"
panel at SIGGRAPH 2005 on Monday, August 1 from 3:45-5:30 p.m.

Here's a sampling of posts from our current index page
(http://turbulence/org/blog):

INDIA FOUNDATION FOR THE ARTS: GRANTS FOR INDIAN NEW PERFORMANCE ARTISTS
http://www.turbulence.org/blog/archives/001166.html
SOCIAL MACHINES: CONTINUOUS COMPUTING
http://www.turbulence.org/blog/archives/001164.html
AUDIO SIGNAL PROCESSING/DIGITAL SOUND WORKSHOP
http://www.turbulence.org/blog/archives/001163.html
BODILY (TRANS)FORMATIONS
http://www.turbulence.org/blog/archives/001161.html
LAURIE ANDERSON: THE RECORD OF THE TIME
http://www.turbulence.org/blog/archives/001159.html
THE REENTRY SERIES; SYNTHETIC METEOR SHOWERS
http://www.turbulence.org/blog/archives/001158.html
CRACKS IN THE PAVEMENT: GIFTS IN THE URBAN LANDSCAPE
http://www.turbulence.org/blog/archives/001162.html
HTML WRESTLING
http://www.turbulence.org/blog/archives/001157.html
3 X 3
http://www.turbulence.org/blog/archives/001152.html
HAPTIC SPACES: THE PHILOSOPHICAL AND PSYCHOLOGICAL RELATION BETWEEN
TOUCH AND SPACE
http://www.turbulence.org/blog/archives/001145.html
ART & THE NETWORK SPACE OVER ACCESS GRID
http://www.turbulence.org/blog/archives/001154.html
SMS SATYAGRAHA
http://www.turbulence.org/blog/archives/001139.html
KODAMA:WHISPERING TREES
http://www.turbulence.org/blog/archives/001137.html
LIVE ACTION SCOTLAND YARD
http://www.turbulence.org/blog/archives/001135.html
AUTONOMOUS EXPRESSIONISM AND NETWORK ARTS: NEW PARADIGMS IN ART,
EMOTIONAL INTERACTION, AND INFORMATION RETRIEVAL
http://www.turbulence.org/blog/archives/001133.html
MOLLYCODDLE
http://www.turbulence.org/blog/archives/001138.html

To include your news, events, articles and projects on the
networked_performance blog, please send an email to
turbulence at turbulence.org <mailto:turbulence at turbulence.org>

Thanks for your interest and support.

Best,
Jo