[Reader-list] When Free Music does pay - Thermal Story

Lawrence Liang lawrence at altlawforum.org
Thu Mar 3 10:20:12 IST 2005

Hi all
 some time ago I had posted the news of an upcoming band called thermal and
a quarter who released their latest album "Plan B" for free to download
under a Thermal Open Music License. Perhaps a good example of how a band
without large studio backing can make good use of the internet to gain
recognition for themselves.

We are also in the process of finalising a copyleft comic which takes off on
a WIPO pedagogical comic on Copyright and thermal will also feature in the
comic, a rough cut of the comic of the comic is available right now on our
website but Ver. 1 with the thermal story should be up in a few days

lawrence

=====

Hey there,

This has been a really busy weekend and we can't wait to get to the
big news!

NPR's highly rated show 'All Things Considered' featured Thermal And A
Quarter on February 28. We were interviewed by Jeffrey Pepper Rodgers,
who has also interviewed Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds, Ani DiFranco,
Bruce Cockburn and our own Allah Rakha Rahman.

The entire audio documentary is up at
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=4516908

THE LAST PLAN B DOWNLOADS

With the release of Motorbyckle and Intermission, we come to the end
of Plan B downloads. The album will remain up on the site for you to
download and share. Enjoy!

For more details, check out our web site at www.thermalandaquarter.com
(just a warning: the site may be slow as there are plenty of downloads
after the broadcast).

RADIO GA GA!

We rocked Bangalore mighty hard on Saturday, February 26 at the
Airtel-Radio City Live Chapter 1 gig in Cubbon Park. Our interviews
were broadcast before and after the gig on Radio City 91 FM in Bangalore.

That's all we have for you to munch on... keep downloading Plan B!

peace.

TAAQ