[Reader-list] Re: Postscript to Indian Idol and

zainab at xtdnet.nl zainab at xtdnet.nl
Sat Mar 12 09:47:23 IST 2005

Daer Shivam,
Seems like you are reading my mind. Yes, Maal in Bombay lingo also means
'money' both black and white, legal and illegal!
In fact, in an interview with a boot polish man at the station, I
discovered two more words i.e. J - for 'jugaad' as in trying means to
gather money and D - for 'dadagiri' as in bullying.
Cheers,
Zainab