[Reader-list] Short film on discrimination and exclusion in tsunami relief an rehabilitation

Clifton clifton at altlawforum.org
Fri Mar 25 08:16:43 IST 2005

Hi,

A group of us have been actively involved in the relief and
rehabilitation processes in the tsunami affected villages of TN and
Pondicherry. While the mainstream media has been covering the sucess of
the relief efforts, there are several issues that are being suppressed
and need to be brought to the notice of the general public. These
include issues of exclusion in the relief process and discrimnation of
dalits.

While we tried to write articles/notes/observations and get them
published this more or less failed. As a result we have made a short
documentary film that documents the losses and struggle of those
thousands of people who have been severly affected by the tsunami yet
have received little or no relief. Further, there is no plan to
rehabilitate them as is being done for the fisherpeople.

This short film is called ¨Outside Mercy¨ and is about 30 minutes long.
If you would like copies please do ask us. The film is a non-funded one
and as such we have incurred lot of out-of-pocket expenses and would
appreciate contributions for the film.  The VCD and DVD are nominally
priced at Rs. 100 and Rs. 300 respectively but would appreciate it if
anyone wants to contribute further.

There are Tamil and English versions of the film.

Warm regards
Revathi, Deepu and Clifton.

Contact:
Revathi - r_revs at yahoo.com / 09444030032