[Reader-list] Mumbai Map Archive

Shekhar Krishnan shekhar at crit.org.in
Sat Mar 26 16:19:34 IST 2005

Dear All:

I have uploaded a series of high-resolution scanned maps and satellite
imagery of Mumbai City, Suburbs, and the Metropolitan Region, in the
spirit of open geo-data. These are free for viewing, downloading, and
sharing.

This archive contains the Bombay City Guide series conducted by the
Survey of India from 1929-69, which I obtained in the University of
Chicago Library a few years ago, along with some other regional plans
of the Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority and Bombay
Municipal Corporation, and high-resolution composite satellite imagery
of Mumbai from the NASA Landsat 7 series.

You can view and download these maps at:

http://www.crit.org.in/archives/maps

You can view the images at different sizes, and if you want to download
them, simply right-click on the image. To download the originals, view
at original size and right-click. Please note that the file sizes are
very large, between 5-25 MB and will require a fast connection to view
and download properly. You can check the size of the image before
choosing the size at which to view.

We will be adding more maps and plans to this archive over the next few
weeks, so please check back, and send me your suggestions for
developing this Mumbai Map Archive.

Best

S.K.

_____