[Reader-list] [Announcements] Turbulence Artists' Studios: Luziano Testi Paul

Turbulence turbulence at turbulence.org
Sun May 8 01:01:37 IST 2005

May 7, 2005
Turbulence Artists' Studios: Luziano Testi Paul
http://turbulence.org/studios/paul/index.htm
Needs IE 5+, Flash Player 7+, Adobe Acrobat 5+ and sound on

What happens when we live in times of a communicational ecstasy? Luziano
Testi Paul's latest works explore the possibilities, myths and realities
that float around in a global culture obsessed with communication. Some
of his works question the modernist imperative of building spaces for
user-user interaction that inevitably end up being the same as
user-machine interaction: we say what the interface let's us say, and
our messages and intentions are reshaped by our interfaces.

How do these ideas alter the way we perceive, react, relate, feel, and
communicate? How do these ideas reshape our messages and intentions? Can
we become completely blind in a world bound by optical fiber?

BIOGRAPHY

Luziano Testi Paul (100luz) was born in Buenos Aires, Argentina in 1977.
After an education in communication, he worked professionally on several
start-ups during the (dot)com boom, where as a web designer and creative
director he was introduced to concepts such as 'user experience' and
'viral marketing'. The very nature of information distribution and
dissemination of the net influenced Paul to focus his artistic practice
on new media. In 1999 he started http://100luz.com.ar, a
repository/gallery of his work. He has participated in several
exhibitions both online and offline. Paul currently lives in Buenos
Aires, Argentina, and works professionally in the areas of corporate
identity, branding and user experience.

For more Turbulence Artists' Studios please visit
http://turbulence.org/studios/index.html

--
Jo-Anne Green, Co-Director
New Radio and Performing Arts, Inc.: http://new-radio.org