[Reader-list] Death and Bazaar: revisiting the graveyard

shivam shivamvij at gmail.com
Wed May 11 12:43:04 IST 2005

Impressive work Marya. You may want to have a look at
http://www.necropolis.com.au/ - the website of what I would call a
death resort. Explore the site fully, including their 'application
forms'. They promise "personalised, quality service and care". I came
across the site while arbitly googling for the word 'necropolis'.

Here's the dictionary meaning of the word necropolis, which makes the
above website look very ironic:

necropolis /nekrpls, n-/ n. E19. [Gk, f. as NECRO- + -POLIS.]

1 A cemetery, esp. a large cemetery in or near a city; an ancient
burying-place. E19.

2 A dead city, a city of the dead; a city in the final stages of
social and economic degeneration. rare. E20.necropolitan a. of or
belonging to a necropolis L19.

Yours truly,
Necropolitan

http://mallroad.blogspot.com