[Reader-list] info required: statistics on drop out rate of dalit kids?

shivam shivamvij at gmail.com
Wed May 18 13:07:31 IST 2005

Please write directly to Mari Marcel Thekaekara <mari at gudalur.com>

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Shiva Shankar <sshankar at cmi.ac.in>

Dear Friends,
        I have a question from Mari Marcel Thekaekara (author of "Endless
filth - the saga of the Bhangis"). Can somebody please help her?
        With much metta.
                                        Shiva Shankar.

Dear Mari,
        I do not have firm statistics, but some articles on the general
state of affairs which I will send you. I'll send your mail along to
friends who can help.
        Many thanks.
                                        Shiva.

On Thu, 12 May 2005, Mari Thekaekara wrote:

> Hi Shankar,
>
> do u have statistics on drop out rate of dalit kids?
>
> And % of dalits in prisons?
>
> i'm working\editing a magazine on caste and hoping to do a good
> job!!any help will be appreciated..
>
> mari

- --
shivamvij.com | Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see