[Reader-list] Maa Bagwati

Sunil pandey sunilmonika at rediffmail.com
Sun May 29 21:09:12 IST 2005

Why Bhagwati Jagran

Frequently I have to satisfy people’s fundamental query about my work – why I have interest in Bhagwati Jagran .why don’t I seek other commonweal issues like health hazards and non pedagogic educational behavior?
	Actually this is a question that provokes both the communities. Here ‘both’ is some how my personal expression as I divide my people in two groups – people from reading writing community and others. For others this seems to be freakish and no matter I get round them by declaring it my hobby but during the quaquaversal gathering of my reading- writing compeers in JNU I felt it was also not easy to make my friends feel the encompassment of the Jagaran  event through its endemic nature .
Vijendra wants to observe time and space ,Swara is
chasing the relation between the planning of a city and communal riots, Irfan is afraid of the bad entertainment, Mahesh and Preetpal percolating public transport and I Sunil, pipe –up Bhagwati Jagran .
	Any way, we are fellow travellers. Going somewhere in the same train. This may not be the need of the hour for Sumangala to know the content of the ‘Legend of Tara Rani’ but it is piquant that she is tracing the Musicological face of the ambiguities. This is fact that we are trying to excavate specific information in a particular field and this particularity may not be a point of attention for the other players. What may a poulterer do if husbands are getting henpecked in a city. Such things may be a matter of patter but these things are bound to happen. (Thank God! Aarti is already there with her broadsheet).
	Thus, These non-related relations get me to contemplate over the common issues. I don’t know what are these main commons but the changes in human behavior pattern of our city life seem to be our axis. (Ayes!!)
	While interacting the people related Bhagwati Jagaran, I found the question of the smooth bread to be still a query of the artist and programmers. I found a fire in people for their ‘happy home’ like ‘we’ and others, Jagaran professionals also have their dreams. They need publicity, they need money, they want financial freedom and they need love and care. I found them far from their dream world. Jagaran, celebrations have created new platform of business. Jagarans attract good payment, but where this money goes to ?
No doubt, Bhagawati Jagaran is an event that is scudding towards its global heights and throwing away its ethnic nature. This is a trend being seen in other ethnological behaviors also but this change is rather fast in Jagaran, in spite of being a south Asian socio-religious phenomenon.