[Reader-list] What is a List?

Bakwaas Das bakwaas_das at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 7 02:37:33 IST 2005

Hello ji,

Let me first apologise for not saying "Dear all" or "Hi all". Both sound extremely comfortable and arrogant: too self-serving.

What is a List (apart from networking, liasioning, intelligently PR-ing, intellectualling, new media racketeering? Post-post-post...ad infinitum...theorising?)?

Here is a definition: List: (of a ship etc) lean over to one side, esp. owing to a leak or shifting cargo.

O let me lean over to one side. I must take a leak. The cargo inside me is shifting. The dinner: O god, the shifting cargo!

O let me lean over to one side: O now I must lean over to the other side. Throw-up ist verboten.

Throw up! Ignore, yaar.

For the last few days, since the latest bomb-blast (O, I am so secure, I can call it the "latest" bomb blast) the manner in which the mainstream media -- newspapers like the Indian Express, or the Times of India, the Hindustan Times -- has been carrying stories about the pre-Diwali bomb blasts has challenged me so much that I have stopped being a lurker and want to ask this question of this List (don't you dare lean over, left or right):

what is the relation between terrorism and sentimentalism?

What is the relation between turbulence and cliche?

yours ever,
To Whom it may Concern