[Reader-list] Of lawyers and corporate scandals

Keith Hart keith at thememorybank.co.uk
Fri Oct 14 16:02:02 IST 2005

Amit,

Thank you so much for this piece whose spirit and letter I strongly
endorse. I beleive that th ereturn of morality to law, politics and
business is imminent, at least as a minority movement. And no 20th
century figure better exemplifies what that might mean than Gandhi. A
case can be made that some features of the information revolution
support a shift towards more ethical approaches to public
responsibilities, as in this BBC programme:

I have recently published an essay, The Hit Man's Dilemma: or business,
personal and impersonal, which explores the apparent contradiction
symbolised by a fictional gangster caught between huamnity and
inhumanity. The argument takes in corporate privatisation of the
cultural comons through intelelctual property or 'information
feudalism'. Some copies of this are being distributed through Lawrence
Liang's Alternative Legal Forum in Bangalore. But a similar version is
avaliable online at:

http://www.thememorybank.co.uk/publications/thmd

Keith Hart