[Reader-list] Zalzala!

vipin vijay vipinvijay at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 20 19:53:50 IST 2005

Al- Zalzala!
“When the earth is shaken to her (utmost) convulsion
.

I just thought of the pygmy legend of the little boy who finds the bird with the beautiful song in the forest and brings it home. He asks his father to bring food for the bird, and the father doesn’t want to feed a mere bird, so he kills it. And the legend says the man killed the bird, and with the bird he killed the song, and with the song, himself. He dropped dead, and completely dead, and was dead forever. They killed the song! They killed their environment

How can you cut down vegetation and evacuate the land and turn the rivers into real estate without killing the God? The mission is only to know what is, and then to act in relation to the brotherhood of all these things. Brotherhood in most of the myths I know is confined to a bounded community. In enclosed communities, violence is projected outward. I think the only possible way everyone can relate to is the pedagogical function of the myth of how to live a human era under any circumstances. Myths teach us that! The only solution is to begin today the new myth of our time. Scientists are beginning to talk quite openly about the Gaia principle. The whole planet as an organism. My faith in the art of cinematography assures me that new myth will emerge from this image. Myths and dreams come from the same place.

YUSUFALI: And anyone who has done an atom’ weight of evil, shall see it.

PICKTHAL: And whoso doeth ill an atom’s weight will see it then.

SHAKIR: And he who has done an atom’s weight of evil shall see it.

In the name of Allah!

Vipin Vijay
24/273 TSRA: 105 Sasthamkovil Street,
Thycud, (P.O) Trivandrum-14, Kerala, India
+ 91- 9847318777 / +91- 495 - 2856178
E-Mail: vipinvijay at yahoo.com