[Reader-list] Did God make a mistake in Pakistan?

Yousuf ysaeed7 at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 22 10:15:28 IST 2005

Everytime there is a disaster like that, the religious
priests all over start talking about how the disaster
was a sign from God on how the people have gone
wayward. Even on 9/11 some Church in the US had
claimed that this was a sign from God on how we need
to go back to Church. But the most hillarious was a
Friday sermon I heard at a mosque in Jamia Nagar
(Delhi) at the time of Tsunami. The Imam said that
Tsunami was a punishment for the kafir sinners who
were indulging in their sins at places like Phuket and
Patong in Thailand. He obviously didn't know about
millions of innocent people who died in Indonesia, Sri
Lanka, and Nagapattinam. By the way, the most
interesting debates on "Act of God" took place in the
letters column of The Hindu at the time of Tsunami and
even now.

Yousuf

--- Vijender chauhan <chauhan.vijender at gmail.com>