[Reader-list] [Announcements] Fwd: Film Screening

iram at sarai.net iram at sarai.net
Mon Sep 5 18:13:45 IST 2005

------  Original Message  ------
Subject: Film Screening
To:      reader-list at sarai.net
From:    ambarien qadar <ambarien at yahoo.co.uk>
Date:    Mon, 05 Sep 2005 14:31:39 +0200

ELSEWHERE

India-Spain, Dur: 28 minutes, Lang: Urdu, Arabic, French, Spanish and
English with English subtitles.

Venue: The British Council Library, Kasturba Gandhi Marg: The Third Digital
Film Festival

Date: Wednesday, Sept 7th 2005, 9 p.m.

Short synopsis:

Between Delhi and Madrid, the film explores the worlds of three young

Muslims- Hasnae and Hicham are Moroccan immigrants in Madrid. While

Hasnae works in a restaurant, Hicham looks out for work. A burden of

prejudice follows them almost like a shadow.

In Delhi, Anjala dreams of breaking out of her world that seems to shrink
everyday.

Credits:

Directors: Consuelo Alonso Pimentel and Ambarien Al Qadar

 Camera: Shakeb Ahmed and Speed

 Editing and Script: Ambarien Al Qadar

 Sound Recording: Juan Manuel Lopez and Ambarien Al Qadar

 Sound Mixing: Pradip Maitty.

FOR PASSES CONTACT:NEHA SHARMA: 51555046 or THE BRITISH COUNCIL LIBRARY

FOR ANY FURTHER ASSISTANCE: AMBARIEN QADAR: 9810946273.

( No entry without passes...I have a couple of them left with me. Anybody who
is interested can collect it frm me at the venue.)

Too much spam in your inbox? Yahoo! Mail gives you the best spam protection
for
FREE! Get Yahoo! Mail