[Reader-list] [ilugd] [SORT-OF-SPAM] Freedel starts tomorrow

Pankaj kaushal penguinhead at linux-delhi.org
Fri Sep 16 13:30:53 IST 2005

Hello All,

Once again ILUG-Delhi crawls out of its hole to bring you Yet Another
Linux/FOSS Conference:

    Freedel

Freedel begins tomorrow (September 17th) and continues for 2 days
(Saturday and Sunday, 17th and 18th).  We have speakers from all over
the country joining us for technology, applications and fun.

If you know anyone in or around Delhi who may be interested in
attending, please forward them the link to the Event web site:

    http://freedel.in/

Charges are nominal, a lot of our cost having been absorbed by our
main Sponsors, Naukri.com and Yahoo!, and our infrastructure sponsors,
Primus and Siddhast.  The Seminar track is Rs 50 for the two days,
while the Workshop track is Rs 1500.  Registration charges for the
Workshop track include meals for the 2 days, a CD with the
presentations and yet another infamous ILUG-Delhi T-shirt.

If you like the idea, if you attend the Seminar or the Workshop, if
you would like to see more such conferences in India, please send a
thank-you note to our partners, PHD Chambers of Commerce and Industry,
who have been extremely active in organising and promoting Freedel.

...or just be there :)

[Press Release]

Freedel:  September 17th & 18th 2005, 10:00AM to 6:00PM
PHD House, Hauz Khas, New Delhi

You've heard about it, now come and see it in full and glorious
action! Yes, two full days of demystifying Linux. PHDCCI and India
Linux Users Group - Delhi (ILUG-D) are proud to present Freedel.

ILUG-D in the past has conducted very successful events where over 450
participants attended. This year we are expecting much greater
numbers. People from all walks of life are expected to attend;
Students, Professionals, Corporates, all will be there. What's more,
ILUG-D will have something to show for everyone. Technical talks
covering issues from installation, to desktop usage to Wireless Linux,
it will all be there. We will even have young school kids showing how
they use Linux. Its an event you don't want to miss!

Saturday 17th September the only place you want to be at is the PHD
House. It will all be happening there. Several stalls showcasing
various aspects of Linux from gaming, to audio/video editing to
development, servers, databases and applications -- you name it and
we'll demonstrate it for you.

Linux, as you know. is about choice and this choice even extends to
the "official" birthday of Linux. There are several to chose from. The
PHDCCI and ILUG-D event Freedel is as close to a weekend as possible
to make sure everyone is able to attend while marking Linux's
birthday.

The event is organised by ILUG-D and co-hosted by PHD Chamber of
Commerce and Industry. It is completely volunteer-driven and supported
by several organisations. This year the prominent sponsors are
Naukri.com and Yahoo! Infrastructure for the event has been provided
courtesy of Primus and Siddhast. The event is primarily driven by
volunteers of ILUG-D and a committed group of computer professionals
from PHDCCI.

Apart from all the technical stuff happening, there will also be
T-shirts, Linux distributions on CDs, tea, snacks and all the elements
of fun available at low or no cost.

Be there, be counted!
Event: Freedel 2005, 17th & 18th September, 2005 - http://freedel.in

----
Alas, even today there's little worth thinking and saying that does
not grievously wound the state, the gods, and common decency.
						-Goethe